The Best Gift I Ever Gave #MFRWauthor #Bloghop




HAPPY FIRST DAY OF JUNE!


Not sure about the rest of the USA or around the globe, but in my neck of the woods, we've been in a heatwave, with temps in the low 90s (Fahrenheit) and with the muggies as well.

I love it!

And, it's not even officially Summertime yet, so that is pretty cool.

Except when I'm working inside a sweat box known as elementary school, then it isn't as 'cool' as I'd like it to be.

Today's topic hits on the fact that I, for the first time ever, went to work in a sleeveless dress AND flip flops!

It is part of the new-me Gift I'm giving to myself, to let go of the past, that way of thinking and feeling, and discovering someone new, someone alive, and someone I've never met before but wouldn't mind getting to know better.

So, without further ado, here is this week's response!






Hello, everyone, and welcome back for Week 22 of the MFRW Author Blog's 52-Week Blog Challenge.

This week, the topic is: The Best Gift I Ever Gave

Last week, I enjoyed reading the posts from contributors to the Hop who talked about themselves and the types of gifts they received FROM themselves, so I'm overly anxious to read from them this week to find out more.

If there is one thing I need to learn how to do (yes, even at my age, and I do believe you are capable of teaching old dogs new tricks), it is to give myself more credit.

In the year-and-a-half that I've participated in this Hop, all of the topics had me thinking outwardly, and from the perspective of others.

At age 56, I need to not give a damn anymore and start giving a half-damn about myself.

My kids are grown, with significant others, and living their lives free of (and from) their mother, and it seems long overdue that I start re-living my life as a single gal again, too.

I spent far, too long dwelling on a ruined past, dwelling on the what-if's, and muddling my way through the present without purpose, direction, or focus.

So, for this week's short but sweet answer, I'm going to say that The Best Gift I Ever Gave is yet to be given, and that I am to be the recipient of said gift.

And, as a really quick #2, I'd like to pat myself on the back by adding that I believe my greatest gift to my children (and the world) was my Mothering skills.

I raised two fine, upstanding young adults who are level-headed, well-adjusted, religious, and thoughtful.

They didn't turn out to be nearly as neurotic, maladjusted, and confused as their mother, so that, to me, is a huge gift.

I remember one of my biggest worries as a young, struggling mother was that any of my offspring would turn out to be like me, inherit even one of my negative traits, or that through some fault of my own, I'd neglect to notice that I was sending them down that same, neurotic path toward unhappiness.

Apparently, that wasn't the case!




As always, I thank you for stopping by to read my post.

Please scroll down to the LinkyLink tool and click on the next in line to find out what they said about The Best Gift I Ever Gave.





Blogging is an opportunity for authors to connect with readers. Despite being writers, blogging is an entirely different style of writing and often stumps us. To help our authors blog consistently, thoughtfully and with purpose, Marketing for Romance Writers is announcing the 2018 Blog Challenge. Each week, authors use our writing prompt to create a meaningful blog post. We'll be posting every Friday... join us as often as possible.
All authors with blogs are welcome to participate. 





Comments

  1. Mothering is hard, and often times a thankless job, but I'm sure they appreciate the gift you gave and the job you've done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Thought Bubble Never Pops #MFRWauthor

Over There! #MFRWauthor Blog Challenge Week 17

Ideally, He's What I Want - #MFRWauthor 52-Week Blog Challenge